Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rip Van Winkle

I've named this post as Rip Van Winkle since this is officially my second post on my blog, after a break of one and a half years.Rip Van Winkle,for those of you who might not know,was a character in a book written by Washington Irving about a guy who slept for almost 20 years after drinking with a bunch of dwarves in the mountains.It's a nice story about how people become lazy and oblivious to social changes.My situation ...well atleast my blog situation is in the same state...I've not been able to record anything for the last 18 months and I've had some incredible experiences to say the least.

My first post was way back in september 2004.A lot has happened since then-missing out on my dream of becoming a sports commentator with ESPN a.k.a making a fool of myself on national television,being projected as a whiner and not a winner by those morons at ESPN,resigning from a crappy firm,meeting some really nice people at an awesome airshow,a broken shoulder,a painful recovery(am still not a 100 %),counting my calories as I recovered,jumping through plenty of hoops to get to a prestigious university in the states (hopefully dishing out some calories as I did that),arriving in LA which I think people should think of renaming HelLA(i mean if they can rename Bangalore as Bengaluru,then they can sure as hell rename LA as HelLA),a daily dose of eyecandy albeit superficial,looking at pretty girls with straight hair and twisted egos,enduring plenty of nasal talk,a baptism by fire of sorts(not because of the eyecandy!),meeting some really cool and some really trashy people,some incredibly enlightening moments,an awesome trip to Europe and here I am ,one and a half years later.Now that's one HUGE episode of my version of "The Wonder Years!"

I guess I've done well enough to summarise most of the events in that neat little nutshell.Man,one and a half years,gone,just like that...It sometimes really makes me wonder about the nature of time and why it mysteriously seems to be going at different rates all the time?During an Exam,three hours go within no time and when you're getting reprimanded for the results of that very exam,you really feel as though one minute is like ten... The human brain is quite amazing...i sometimes screw up so badly in my exams and I keep blaming my bad memory ...its funny though that the event doesn't seem to magically vanish from my head.I could not remember something that I needed to for three hours and yet I tend to remember each and every minute moment of screwing up badly in an exam even years after the exam.I really wonder how this all works?

As I write this,I can actually hear the wind hustling in between two parallel buildings.It's called as a tunnelling effect and I guess bernoulli's principle of aerodynamics applies in this case since the air passes through a channel created by two tall structures ,quite similar to a person squeezing a garden hose to make water burst out at a faster rate.It's atleast a good break from my silly on campus job.I work in my univ as a computer lab assistant.My immediate boss is a very nice and friendly chap,but there are some people who are in the admin that really need to learn some manners.There is one nasty person who can't even greet a people...One day in the morning I just came in for the day and said "Good Morning" and then she just stands there,with one really cold look,she just stared at me for two minutes,without uttering a word,and then went back to her office duties of God knows what...It was actually as though saying good morning to her was like a "London statue" kind of phrase that triggered her to suddenly act like a beef eater (a.k.a those stiff upper lip chaps with the fuzzy hats that could pass as condoms for circumsized elephants) at the gates of the buckingham palace.

After living in Los Angeles for seven months,I can safely say that there is no dearth of weirdos in this town.They could call it weirdo central if they wanted to and no one would give a dam.

Okay,I guess I've digressed enough to realize that I am writing absolute drivel and I guess there will be more for tomorrow.Hopefully my definition of tomorrow doesn't remain the same as that of Rip Van Winkle.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Blogger Chronicles Of An Idle Mind said...

Two different entities from two entirely different worlds!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home